4637 Old Carthage Rd Carthage
Save the date for this week of training in 2022!
NYLT is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide youth members of the Boy Scouts of
America with leadership skills and experiences that they can use in their home Troop, Crew, or Ship and in other situations demanding quality leadership. This training integrates the best of modern leadership practices with Scouting. Through activities, presentations, challenges, and discussions, NYLT participants will be engaged in putting into action the leadership skills they are learning.
Objectives of National Youth Leadership Training
- Develop confidence and knowledge to conduct unit programming
- Understand the stages of Team Development
- Find personal vision and set SMART goals
- Provide opportunities to share ideas and experiences with others
- Experience conflict resolution and learn ethical decision-making skills
Who attends National Youth Leadership Training?
If you are a leader in your unit (Senior Patrol Leader, Assistant Senior Patrol Leader, Patrol Leader,
Crew President, or Ship Boatswain) or are looking to serve in one of these positions, then NYLT is for
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting unit.
- Must have a current BSA Health and Medical Record form parts A, B and C
- For members of a Troop:
- Must be at least 13 years old and 1st Class
- Must have complete Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops.
- For members of a Crew or Ship:
- Must be at least 14 years old (or 13 and have completed 8th grade).
- Must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews or Ships.
- Unit Leaders recommendation
Cost: TBD for 2022
We will add more details when we receive them.