The purpose of this Email Discussion Group is to improve communication and enhance the Eno River District Scouting program. The online Discussion Group will be used to engage the Eno River scouter community, facilitate informal discussions and respond to FAQs.
NOTE: This Discussion Group is separate from the Email List that puts the monthly newsletter and other emails sent by the Eno River District into your email inbox. You can sign up for those emails here.
Please note that using this Discussion Group comes with responsibilities.
- This is an informal discussion list, not the official announcement list
- If you have a Scouting related question, post the question to this list. We are sure that someone in the Eno River District will have an answer for your question.
- IMPORTANT – If you hit reply, your response will go back to the entire list and not just to the person who sent the message. If you only want to reply to the person who sent the message, send a personal message addressed to them instead of doing a reply.
- We expect everyone to abide by the Scout Oath and the Scout Law.
Thank you for all you do to support Scouting in the Eno River District.
By joining our Eno River District Email Discussion Group, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules laid out in this document, “Email Discussion Group Community Standards.” We hope you will find this a welcoming, supportive space to solicit information from others, benefit from their experiences, and participate in ongoing conversation and community.
To subscribe to this group, complete the form below.
To unsubscribe from this group send an email to [email protected]
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Questions about this Discussion Group should be directed to a moderator at [email protected]
Email Discussion Group Community Standards
- Be kind and treat others with respect.
- Content posted to the Email Discussion Group should be relevant to the audience and purpose.
- The views expressed in the Email Discussion Group are those of individual members. They do not and should not be construed as representing the views of the Eno River District.
- The Eno River District is making this Email Discussion Group available to the community for peer support and informational purposes only. Members of the Group must rely on their own judgement with respect to all issues discussed. Discussion topics are not to be relied on as specific advice.
- Community members are often a helpful resource. The Eno River District is not liable for any information shared or provided by members in the Email Discussion Group.
- Group members should exercise caution when sharing confidential or sensitive information as it pertains to their Scouting journey. The Eno River District cannot guarantee confidentiality.
- To respect members’ privacy, the Eno River District strongly discourages Email Discussion Group members from downloading, reproducing, or disseminating discussions shared on the Group, but the Eno River District does not have any ability to prevent such actions.
- Group members may not advertise or sell goods or services on the Email Discussion Group, nor promote non-Scouting material.
- Group members will sometimes connect and want to converse in “real time.” Members must organize any meet-ups or virtual gatherings outside of the Email Discussion Group. Links to outside social media groups, virtual meetings, etc., need to be shared outside of the Email Discussion Group. Your participation in outside groups is at your discretion. These groups and meet-ups are not hosted or managed by the Eno River District. Such member-generated meet ups are not affiliated with the Eno River District, nor do we monitor such groups or meet-ups.
- The Eno River District and the Email Discussion Group moderators reserve the right to deny or remove postings or other content that is not consistent with these standards and/or terminate access to the Group for a violation or breach (a threatening violation or breach) of any of these standards. The Eno River District reserves the right to modify or change these Community Standards any time without notice.
Acceptance of Community Standards
By joining and participating in the Eno River District Email Discussion Group, you indicate you have read and agree to abide by the Community Standards.
Change Email Frequency
To change the frequency of emails you receive from the discussion group: click the “group membership page” link at the bottom of any email from the group from the “Groups” page, click the “My membership settings” at the bottom of the left navigation Under “Subscription”, click the down arrow to choose to receive
- Each email
- Digest (consolidated emails)
- No email
To unsubscribe from the Eno River District Email Discussion Group and stop receiving Group emails:
- click the email link at the bottom of any email you receive from the Email Discussion Group where it says:
“To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to…..”
- After you click the link, you should receive an email with the subject line:
“Your unsubscription was successful.”
Unsubscribing from the Eno River District Email Discussion Group DOES NOT unsubscribe you from the other Eno River District email communications. You will continue to receive formal Scouting email communications from the Eno River District, such as pertinent emails and the monthly newsletter, unless you have previously opted out.
If you would like to unsubscribe from the Eno River District email communications, please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email or monthly newsletter you have received.